For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), the data controller is David M Robinson.
In this Policy, when we refer to "you", we are referring to you, as the person or entity accessing, viewing and/or using the Website. Any reference to "we", "our", "us" is a reference to David M Robinson.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- the information that we collect and which you voluntarily submit to us. You may do so through a wide variety of means, including by email, submitting information through our Website (for example in signing up to our latest offers and news, entering a prize draw, creating or updating an account on our site, submitting posts and comments via our corporate presence on social media platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter). This information includes any personal details you type and submit for example your name, email address, postal address, date of birth and telephone number, your passwords and preferred user names, contact details, account details, details of friends and relatives, your preferences, interests and details of any complaints you may have (and including any other information provided at the time of joining our mailing list, entering competitions or prize draws, and purchasing goods or services);
- details of goods and services purchased whilst using our Website and fulfilment of your orders including the time and date of purchase, the goods you purchase from us and delivery addresses you use;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or call;
- details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, how you access it, and how you use it, HTTP protocol elements, search terms, HTTP cookies, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. A lot of this data is collected by cookies used on our Website, details of which are noted below in the "Cookies" section; and
- the information we collect via the Website may also include your unique identifying code or IP address: this is the individual identification number that is assigned to your computer when it is connected to the Internet and operating system browser.
A cookie generated by our website contains no information about you. It contains only a numeric ID that, for example, allows you to retrieve your account details or shopping list. The cookie lets you enter your email and password so you don’t have to enter those details again, or it lets you save products to a wish list if available.
Which Cookies We Use
The information below sets out the cookies we use on our site, along with a description of their purpose.
- _ga - This cookie is used to distinguish you from other users of our website. Expires 2 years after being set.
- _gat - This cookie is used to throttle the request rate. Expires 10 minutes after being set.
- Cart - The association with your shopping cart. Expires at end of session
- Category_Info - Stores the category information on the page, displaying pages more quickly. Expires at end of session
- Compare - Displays the items that you have in the Compare Products list. Expires at end of session
- Currency - Displays your preferred currency. Expires Expires at end of session
- Customer - Provides us with an encrypted version of your customer id with the store. Expires at end of session
- Customer_Auth - Indicates whether you are currently logged into the store. Expires at end of session
- Customer_Info - Provides an encrypted version of the customer group you belong to. Expires at end of session
- Customer_Segment_IDS - Stores the Customer Segment ID. Expires at end of session
- External_no_cache - A flag which indicates whether caching is disabled or not. Expires at end of session
- Frontend - Your session ID on the server. Expires at end of session
- Guest-View - Allows guests to edit their orders. Expires at end of session
- Last_Category - Displays the last category you visited. Expires at end of session
- Last_Product - Displays the most recent product you have viewed. Expires at end of session
- NewMessage - Indicates whether a new message has been received. Expires at end of session
- No_Cache - Indicates whether cache can be used. Expires at end of session
- Persistent_Shopping_Cart - Provides a link to information about your cart and viewing history. Expires at end of session
- Poll - Shows the ID of any polls you have recently voted in. Expires at end of session
- Polln - Information on what polls you have voted on. Expires at end of session
- RecentlyCompared - Shows the items that you have recently compared. Expires at end of session
- STF - Information on products you have emailed to friends. Expires at end of session
- Store - The store view or language you have selected. Expires at end of session
- Viewed_Product_IDS - Shows the products that you have recently viewed. Expires at end of session
- WishList - Shows an encrypted list of products added to your wish list. Expires at end of session
- WishList_CNT - Shows the number of items in your wish list. Expires at end of session
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The information which we collect about you will be stored on the following servers depending upon which of our Websites you are accessing: www.davidmrobinson.co.uk: a UK based secure server.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to administer and monitor our Website, to improve our Website and to help you use the Website;
- to personalise our Website to you and the things you may like, dislike or be interested in;
- to ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. We will use the information you provide to us to personalise these communications to you and particular things you may like, dislike or be interested in;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our goods and / or services;
- to process your payments for goods and services purchased;
- to keep records of purchases, sales or other transactions for the purpose of ensuring that the requisite payments and deliveries are made or services provided in respect of those transactions, and to make financial or management forecasts to assist us in conducting our business activities (we don’t hold or take any payment details, this is all undertaken by a 3rd party payment gateway);
- to allow us to contact you in relation to campaigns and promotions and to monitor the success of such campaigns and promotions where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow us to contact you in relation to competitions and prize draws, to process your entry to our competitions/prize draws and to fulfil our obligation under the competition/ prize draw terms and conditions;
- for the purpose of advertising or marketing our business, our good and services and promoting our public relations in connection with our business, goods and services;
- to carry out analysis of sales processed through the Website and specific products which have been frequently viewed on the Website for marketing and business development purposes;
- to respond to any questions, suggestions or complaints you have raised with us or any social media posts or comments you make where these are made direct to us or in the public domain; and
- to carry out administrative tasks and research and statistical analysis in relation to customer surveys and research.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us using the contact details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose information about you to law enforcement officials in the investigation of any alleged unlawful activities by you. We may also be required to disclose information to a court or regulatory body when required to do so by law.
We may also share your information with our service providers (to help manage the Website and provide services, including, marketing and market research, processing online purchases, delivery companies and our designers and manufacturers) and with any person or organisation (and their advisers) who might take over the services provided by the Website to allow them to prepare for taking over (after that, we may also allow that person or organisation to use and share your information on the same basis as us).
You may ask us to stop sending you postal correspondence that we believe may be of interest to you by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you wish us to stop sending you email correspondence, please click 'unsubscribe' on the most recently received email. In the event that you continue to receive email correspondence from us after selecting the 'unsubscribe' option, please contact us us on email@example.com.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites (for example, YouTube, social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter). If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookie policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
You have the right to request a copy of personal information that we hold about you. To do this, simply write to Data Manager, David M Robinson, 14 Railway Street, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 2RE.
Should we be prevented from disclosing your personal information, reasons will be given for the refusal. We may also request that you provide further information and identification to enable your request to be processed.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will thereafter correct any information found to be incorrect. You can find detailed information about your rights under the Data Protection legislation on the UK Information Commissioner's website: http://www.ico.org.uk/
If you need to contact us for any reason regarding this policy, including the collection and / or use of your personal data, or as otherwise indicated in any section of this policy, our contact details are as follows:
David M Robinson
14 Railway Street