Baselworld is one of the biggest events of the year when it comes to haute horlogerie and jewellery. The annual event has been running since 1917 and boasts close to 1,500 watch and jewellery brands filling 141,000 square metres, that’s 20 football pitches or 320 tennis courts!
Every year prestigious brands take the chance to reveal their most exciting pieces at Baselworld and this year should prove to be no exception, with many brands promising some exciting revelations.
With the doors officially opening today (17th), we’ll be covering everything from all of our favourite brands until the last second when the doors close again for another year. Make sure you keep checking in for updates so you don’t miss a single thing from Baselworld 2016.
Here’s what’s happening:
- Baselworld 2016 opening ceremony sees a lot of praise given to the prestige of the event and the impact it has on the industry.
- Patek Philippe revealed their highly anticipated World Time Chronograph (ref 5930). Read More.
- TAG Heuer announce the Tag Heuer Monza Chronograph. Read More.
- OMEGA have showcased their new additions to the Seamaster Ocean Planet Gentleman’s collection. Read More.
- Tudor’s new range for 2016 has officially been released. Read More.
- Rolex’s Cosmograph Daytona is the talk of Baselworld at the moment. Read More.
- Georg Jensen reveal details of their collaboration with architect Zaha Hadid. Read More.
- OMEGA unveil their Speedmaster Grey Side of The Moon “Meteorite”. Read More.
- Longines announce two new additions to their Dolcevita range. Read More.
- We round up Rolex’s latest releases to their Oyster and Cellini ranges. Read More.
- We round up OMEGA’s latest releases at Baselworld 2016. Read More.
- Patek Philippe unveil 28 new models – her’s our thoughts on some of the highlights. Read More.
- Here’s our take on the new TAG Heuer models announced at Baselworld 2016. Read More.
- As Baselworld 2016 closes its doors, we review our highlights of the event. Read More.